Jill Neal’s Art Prints for Women
Jill’s education includes a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art from Oregon State University as well as graduate studies in sculpture with Frederick Lipman at Portland State University. She exhibits extensively in galleries and participates in numerous art festivals throughout the Northwest, and is represented in many private and corporate collections. Jill was recently the featured artist for a curated show at the Millard Sheets Gallery in Los Angeles.
About our Art Prints for Women
“Having a degree in sculpture, and having spent hours of life drawing and sculpting, I want to use my formal training to emphasize the female form, exaggerating the feminine with the use of shape, color, and body language, capturing the spirit and humor of women, from a woman’s perspective.
“I initially make more realistic sketches based on some activity with friends, then (free hand) concentrate on the roundness and sculptural composition of form, that relates the activity and movement I want to portray. Then I use the old-fashioned method of transferring the image by putting graphite on the back of my original sketch, and drawing on the watercolor paper. I try not to be too exact, as each step adds its own personality and I want to keep the image fresh and emotional. The quicker and looser I make the sketch, the more the personality emerges. Using watercolor, acrylic, inks, and gouache, as tools, I want to achieve a piece that can be observed as well as experienced.”
- Artist for “Vivacious Vicky” wine labels by Kiona Vineyards and Winery, Washington
- Artist for “Wild Women” wine labels for D’Vine Wine, Colorado
- Featured artist at Anthony’s Home Port restaurants, Washington and Oregon
- Featured artist at Elliott’s Oyster House, Seattle, Washington
- Featured artist in Cascade Arts & Entertainment
- Artist for “Menopause Merlot” wine labels by Bitner Vineyards, Caldwell, ID